25 July 2011

It's beginning to get to me

You know, there are days when the news really really gets to me. Today is one of those days. I may have to take a political break and just focus on my family, because I'm getting too overwhelmed by the world.

I can deal with tragedy. I can handle that. It's the sustained hatred that I see in various places that makes me tic like an addict in need of a fix. And the abject stupidity.

The tragedy in Somalia (people say "deal with it" and "we can't afford to help", sentencing them death). Jack Layton announces he's got cancer again (people cheer!) A terrorist kills more than 80 people in Norway, most of them youth (Glenn Beck says they're like Hitler Youth. Other people argue about whether he's a Christian.)

Bleh. I'll have to write something about autism or something. It's far less painful than the political shit lately. :(