22 August 2011

He didn't go gently. He fought, fought.

My heart is a little bit broken today. Jack Layton's death is such a tragedy for Canada, and such a personal tragedy for his family.

*edited* I always respected him for his ethics and code of honour. He was tireless in his fight for social justice - He's a man who fought for the rights of everyone. Right until the end. Even in his last days, when he knew there would be no time left for him in this world, he looked forward to the future for Canada. That's pretty impressive.

In his farewell letter to Canada, Jack said, "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair."


Wow. 


**I took the negativity out. I read a post that made me shake my head at my classlessness and so I've taken out the honest, but unnecessarily negative commentary. Admitting when one is wrong is a start at not doing it again, no?