04 August 2011

Who needs sleep? ME!

Who knew 5 year olds could have insomnia? Well, I do now. Crackle is averaging about 6 hrs a night, and last night, it was 3. 2.5 maybe. I dunno, I was too tired to see the clock. So suffice it to say, the blogging is taking a hit.

I've been thinking more about Breivik and Christianity, and I'm coming to the conclusion that we need to own it and look at what we've done or not done that has allowed that kind of a twisted system of beliefs to grow and still call itself Christian. I mean, there are a LOT of really nasty people who call themselves Christian. I don't think it's helpful to get all self-righteous and say, "Yeah, well, that's not Christianity! Jesus said love one another." Because, frankly, that's what they're saying too, except it's, "Yeah, well, that's not Christianity. The Bible says homosexuality is a sin." Yeah, the same guy also says women with short hair are sinning, but you don't see all that many who won't cut their hair (there are a few).

I think that's what infuriates me the most in the entire world. Hypocrisy. Besides the fact that I can never ever spell it right on the first try, the whole notion of it just bugs me. It's why I hated church when I was a teenager. I saw so many people there who were just plain mean SOBs during the week. And no nicer 2 minutes after the mass was over. I couldn't deal. I thought all churches were like that. Glad to say that's not the case.

The news media makes me feel that rage too. Claiming non-bias and then being insanely conservative, all the while screaming about the liberal media. I saw this example this morning, linked by @queerthoughts on Twitter.

I'm entirely too sleep deprived to do a proper post, so I'm going to leave it there, all cut off. But I do have another coming later today if I get the chance to sit down again for 10 minutes. The Lady Fokker has asked me to post 7 "fun facts", and I'm pretty sure I can be entertaining for that. :)