27 January 2009

Budget woes

I am all sorts of disappointed with the budget the Cons put out today. Okay, that's not exactly true. I'm disgusted, but disappointed suggests that I was hoping for more. I wasn't. Because I knew perfectly well it wouldn't be coming. There's no sense in hoping when it's hopeless. Hell, I don't even hope for much from the Librulz, never mind the damn Cons.

I see nothing for women. No childcare money. Nothing for the poorest of the poor. The EI extension is all well and good, but the number of hours one needs to work haven't changed. That doesn't do squat for people who work part time. And the amount of money one gets on EI didn't go up either.

I haven't been able to find out if there's a wage freeze for the civil service. I hope not! (Uh oh, there I go, hoping...)